Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Book Fairs

Over the years I've heard of the tremendous sales Christian Schools have had from Scholastic Book Fairs. I've also heard the frustration expressed because of the selection of products - many that do not support the values we believe in. I know that a few stores have had the opportunity to replace or supplement these book fairs with their local Christian Schools. Have you had any experience with this? If so, please share the good, the bad and the ugly. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I have been asked several times by different schools to have an alternative to the Scholastic Book Fair, and to their flyers. I have made my own flyer, have used a children's Easter flyer by Concordia, and have even asked Zondervan if they could come up with something featuring some of their kid's products. Minimal work, and another way of informing parents WHERE they can obtain great Christian Products. Also, having a Christian Table set up at the same time as the Scholastic Book Fair has worked for me as well. Parents want options-who better to give them quality products? Personally, I would love a small flyer (like "What's in Store") three times a year to deliver to the schools, who would then pass them out to the students, and call us with the order a couple of weeks later. Products already in our promotion, or BOM would be ideal! :) Always looking for ways to get our products in the hands of the next generation!

    ReplyDelete